Thursday, February 5, 2009

Learn Something New Every Day


Once again, we were hit with more snow. As I was slowly heading in to work on Tuesday I knew that I was going to have to do the impossible once I got there - somehow, some way I had to clear a path for our UPS man! He comes daily to pick up our shipments and as much as we love him and he loves us - he has made it clear that he wants that steep drive clear when he comes to pick up our packages. Let's face it, we don't want to upset our UPS man. So, duty called.

My mom was in disbelief when I got to work and told her that I was going to head out and work on snowblowing. Again, I've made it clear in previous posts that I'm domestically challenged and all outdoor work is included when it comes to my short comings.

Amazingly, I was able to get the snowblower started, but after that I had no clue. Mom was right by my side to witness this hilarious undertaking. I started pushing, but I couldn't get it to budge and no snow was "blowing" - so mom thought she would help by pushing behind me and we were laughing so hard that all we ended up doing was piling up the snow in front of this large contraption. Finally, I figured out how to get it to actually start "blowing" the snow and then suddenly it was as if the paparazzi were on top of me - mom popped out from around the corner and started taking as many photos as possible. She even risked life and limb to get this shot!

She took the photos as proof for Joe that I actually could do manual labor outdoors. They had a good laugh discussing it and Joe said to my mom, "You know those yellow shoes Jennifer has? Well, I am going to expect her to wears those this summer while mowing the lawn!"

Well, we all know that will never happen! To top it all off as I was leaving that night I bumped into Charles, our UPS man, and he yelled over to me that the drive was the best it had ever been - ha, little did he know what all it took to get it that way!!!!

So, needless to say, you learn something new every day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

jennifer! welcome to blogging- it is such fun!

see you in pittsburgh!
xo, m

Anonymous said...

Jennifer! You're blogging! Yay!

Can't wait to see you & Paula again in May.

Anonymous said...

That's an adorable story! I can't get over seeing all that snow!! I can't imagine what it would be like to hafta deal with snow and snow-blowers... but I love your coat!! So that's probably the best thing that comes out of living in a cold climate.